It is very strange. I am using cpanel and FreeBSD. Cpanel automatically creates
accounts/permissions etc. Courier was working perfectly up to yesterday. I
tried to turn on debugging in authdaemonrc but it didn't seem to give me
anything useful on the maillog file.

Dec 14 15:04:09 usa authdaemond: Authenticated: sysusername=laval,
sysuserid=1010, sysgroupid=1012, homedir=/home/laval/mail/laval.ca/kosta,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], fullname=<null>, maildir=/home/laval/mail/laval.ca/kosta,
quota=<null>, options=<null>Dec 14 15:04:09 usa authdaemond: Authenticated:
clearpasswd=test, passwd=$1$slz9mWxv$x4LiQZZ1pJYRsd7WVoZw/.
The directory /home/laval/mail/laval.ca/kosta exists with uid laval (1010) and
gid mail (6). They were automatically created by cpanel and they look fine to
me.

Now if I telnet:

usa# telnet localhost 143Trying 127.0.0.1...Connected to localhost.Escape
character is '^]'.* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.a login [EMAIL PROTECTED] test* BYE
[ALERT] Fatal error: Account's mailbox directory is not owned by the correct
uid or gid: No such file or directoryConnection closed by foreign host.

Kind Regards,
Kosta