On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:49:49AM -0500, Need Coffee wrote:
> SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to Courier authdaemond:
> Operation now in progress

Is that an exact copy-paste of the message? What program is generating it,
and where?

Looking with find and grep, I cannot find the string "SASL authentication
failure" anywhere in CVS courier-authlib or courier-imap source code, except
as a comment:

./imap/ChangeLog:       a SASL authentication failure.

Nor can I find the string "cannot connect to" except in the context of LDAP:

./authldaplib.c:                err("cannot connect to LDAP server (%s): %s",

Regards,

Brian.

P.S. "Operation now in progress" is presumably EINPROGRESS.

Courier *does* open its authdaemon connection in non-blocking mode, but then
waits for a response. EINPROGRESS is explicitly accepted as not being an
error. See s_connect() in authdaemonlib.c

So I am wondering if this is some other piece of software that you have,
which is talking to courier-authlib?