Hi,

maybe you are still reading this thread.

Martin Hochreiter wrote:
> I setted up a test account as "host" Mailbox with the same setting as
> my office mailbox and tested imap on the commandline as you said.
>
> You will find strace the output on the bottom.
>
> There is one curious line:
> access("shared-folders/test/allgemein/shared/cur", W_OK) = -1 EACCES
> (Permission denied)

I also tried to set up a read-only shared folder. I noticed that only
messages in cur/ are visible to the subscribing user, while those in
new/ are not. syslog says that the rename from new/ to cur/ was denied.
I suppose this is the line above, isn't it?

When there is p.ex. one message in cur/ and another one in new/, a raw
IMAP session shows that there are two messages existing, where one is a
recent one. Fetching the contents of the recent one fails.

http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/README.sharedfolders.html#oldsharedopen
says that renaming errors from new/ to cur/ are ignored. Indeed they
are, i.e. the error isn't reported to the client. To my understanding,
"ignoring" means that the message is presented regardless of a renaming
error.

To make messages from new/ available to all users, they must be given
write access to cur/, new/ and tmp/ (I checked all combinations). This,
of course, allows them to delete arbitrary messages, sapping the
read-only mode.

I consider this a bug, isn't it? -- Where are bugs to be reported?

Greets,
Peter