li...@oliver-block.eu writes:

Sam Varshavchik schrieb:
> > What do think is the better way with respect to the IMAP protocol:
OK,

As I could find out courier replaces dots in a hiearchy level with a space.
00000005 LIST "" "#shared.*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "#shared.testu...@example com.berta"
. #shared.testu...@example com.berta
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "#shared.testu...@example com"
. #shared.testu...@example com, no select
00000005 OK LIST completed
Is that reversible?

If I understand you correctly, yes. There's also one other option available, by adding IMAP_SHAREDMUNGENAMES setting to the imapd configuration file. It is described in README.sharedfolders