Hi,

I have a server running courier-imap 4.3.0, and have one user (out of
about 60) that has a weird problem. We only allow IMAP access, no POP.

The mailbox size being displayed in the client (Thunderbird 2.0.0.22)
does not match the actual size of the mailboxes: du reports about 4GB
for both the Inbox and Sent folders, but the size displayed by
Thunderbird is about 460MB for the Inbox and 160MB for the Sent folder.

I have spot-checked 10 of our other biggest pack rats (5+GB mailboxes),
and they all match what du shows perfectly. Also, the filesystem appears
to be clean (no errors when fsck is run), and there have been no power
outages or anything else weird.

I have done a rough/manual calculation of the individual messages in her
Inbox and Sent mailboxes (the ones with large attachments at least), and
verified that they add up to a whole lot more than is showing in the
'Size' column in Thunderbird, so it looks like the messages themselves
are there and fine (tested about 30 of them spot checked, and the
attachments downloaded and opened fine, no corruption).

I have tried setting up her account in a clean Thunderbird profile, and
the same discrepancy exists.

Is it possible deleting the courierimapuiddb file (or anything else) and
letting courier rebuild it will fix this?

If not, any other ideas?

--

Thanks,

Charles