On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 07:11:07AM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> You should see that Thunderbird retrieves the message once, and never
> bothers with the message again. This is typical behavior, and caching does
> nothing but waste time, and complicate logic, for most IMAP clients.

And provides exactly the kind of performance that webmail front ends
need.  We might all agree that using IMAP to back a webmail system is a
bad idea but it is one that most of us have to deal with.

FWIW, I think the TB only syncs that way if it's been explicitly
configured to do so.

Netapp/Courier/Maildir++/POP3 -- FTW!
Netapp/Courier/Maildir++/"Heavy" IMAP -- not so much.

--
Kelsey Cummings - k...@corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way