On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:57:32 -0400, Sam Varshavchik
<mr...@courier-mta.com> wrote:
> Emerson Pinter writes:
>
>> Sam,
>>
>> Do you have any plan to improve the IMAP IDLE  in Courier ?
>
> I see nothing to improve.
Sorry, but, nothing to improve ? IMAP IDLE in Courier must be made
(almost?) from scratch. (why not make Courier talk directly to inotify?)

>> Last time I tried to use in production, my mail server stopped working
(
>> in mail.log I saw tons of error messages from courier-imap ) ...
>
> Any errors are probably coming from your FAM library.
The malloc errors came from Courier. FAM timeout came from Courier.
I don't want know who are the culprit (FAM, gamin or courier), I want IMAP
IDLE using inotify.

> Proper IDLE behavior depends on working configuration of your FAM or
Gamin
> library.
Depends on working configuration, and a complete and stable code.

I don't want to discuss this point anymore. You are the owner of Courier.
I'm a user trying to see your software improved. But as a user, I have
other options to use IMAP IDLE.

Currently I have a very positive experience with Dovecot.

Good luck.
--
Emerson Pinter
Picture Internet