Hello,
Well my idea of archive folder was just a "folder in my mailbox under
inbox". You can move emails to it and from it. I would probably setup some
script that would move any emails older then 2 years to archive folder
every month for each user.
The goal is that after I move emails there there wont be that much activity
in the archive folder.

The main issue is that I need this archive folder
(/home/virtual/lucas/.Archives/ ) to be on a different server hardrives. So
maildir folder .archive needs to be either mounted in each mailbox account,
or courier imap has a setting for this. I guess this is similar to every
user having a spam folder in their inbox, but for me the archive folder
will be stored somewhere else. It might take longer to access these emails
due to over the network access, but I think the the storage savings is
worth it.

Normally I would mount /home/virtual/lucas/.Archive/
//someremote_server/lucas/.Archive/

I don't want to mount .archive folder for each user manually. I figured
courier or some other mechanism can do that for me.
Is that doable. Can courier imap do that for me?

Thanks
Lucas