Bernard Higonnet writes:

So I tried compiling the whole thing (authlib, imap etc.) and fail with
courier-authlib-base because

configure: error: Unable to find ltdl.h. Please install Libtool's ltdl
library

But libltdl is indeed installed (from the port).

I tried installing from packages but they can't be found (I suppose they
don't exist yet for FreeBSD 9.1 amd64...?).

Look in config.log for the actual compiler error messages. They should point you in the right direction.