Andrés Fischer writes:

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to do something  messy. I've installed courier with authldap succesfully, but i want to build the maildir path from the mail address, can i do something like that?

for example, <URL:mailto:u...@domain1.com>u...@domain1.com has to be translated to /path/mail/domain1.com/user

The most polite thing to do is to add an LDAP attribute, and put the maildir there.

Barring that, write your own customer wrapper for imapd that fiddles with the environment variables, and then executes the real imapd.

Also, I strongly recommend that all accounts have their own "home directory" set, with the maildir taking the default value of $HOME/Maildir. This will avoid a lot of pain should, in the future, additional value-added features be desired, like mail filtering.