Scott Bishop writes:

Hey there,

Last night, I attempted to upgrade my Courier IMAP install from 4.13 to
4.15. Everything went fine, until it came time for clients to connect.
Connecting via standard IMAP worked. Connecting via IMAP w/ SSL worked.
Connecting to IMAP via STARTTLS would not work.

For reference, my server is Slackware 13.37 using OpenSSL 0.9.8y.

Setting the debug information yielded no useful information; all that
would be shown is a connection and then an immediate disconnection. I
decided to connect using openssl -starttls, and the following is what
happened:

http://pastebin.com/QDiZiamM

I have created a dhparams.pem file using mkdhparams, and I have
confirmed that imapd-ssl is looking at the correct location for it.

Is there something basic I'm missing?

Seems to work for me.

The error message indicates a protocol version of mismatch; however it appears to come /after/ it succesfully negotiates a connection.

If you have explicit TLS_PROTOCOL or TLS_STARTTLS_PROTOCOL settinds in imapd- ssl, remove them.