--Steve Shockley wrote on 06.12.2001 00:49 -0500:

> I just installed 0.36.1 plus the patch mentioned before by Roland Schneider,
> and I'm still getting the 'Invalid argument' in the logs.  I'll paste the
> logs below, just in case there's something boneheaded or obvious I'm
> missing...

Uncomment the lines in courier/module.esmtp/esmtpclient.c:177,
recompile, restart, tail -f /var/maillog in another window,
and if the $PID shows up run:

/usr/local/bin/strace -p $PID -a 60 -s 200 -o $TMP/strace.$PID

This should show which syscall sets errno to EINVAL.
If it's from a connect() duplicate the patch to the new location.

I also strongly recommend to put a fqdn in to etc/me, this will
save you some other troubles like mx-looping and invalid hostname.

Roland