On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Svetozar Mihailov - Dynacord Bulgaria Ltd wrote:

> Is there someone try to write filter for courier to scan all mail with
> antivirus software ( example McAffee NAI )?

Yes.  I am.  I've built a "pythonfilter" application for courier's global
filtering mechanism.  It's under 200 lines of just python, and interfaces
with courierfilter.  It should be very resilient to failures, and it's
multithreaded.  It loads python modules from a user-defined directory and
hands each message to each module.  If the modules don't reject it, then
pythonfilter will approve it.  If any module rejects it, pythonfilter
immediately passes that failure back to courierfilter.

On top of that, I'm going to port portions of the qmail-scanner (whose
performance is terrible!) to python, as modules for pythonfilter.  Once
finished, it will have support for all of the virus scanners supported by
qmail-scanner.

--
If I had a dollar for every brain that you don't have,
        I'd have one dollar. - Squidward to SpongeBob