On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:42:33PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> >The Postfix Maildir++ Quota patch does not use a maildirsize file. It uses
> >the filesize as encoded on the filename to calculate quota use. The author
> >says that a maildirsize file is not NFS safe and violates the main goals
> >of the Maildir format.  Can anyone confirm this?
>
> Baloney.

Sam, I would appreciate it if you could elaborate just a little bit.
I think that the file is "safe enough" if it is written in a careful
way. I just want to be able to implement it properly.

> >There are two solutions as I see it.
> >
> >    1) Get maildirsize support into this postfix patch, or
> >    2) Use maildrop as my MDA instead of Postfix's Virtual Delivery Agent
> >
> >Comments anyone?
>
> Use either maildrop or deliverquota.  Either one will work.

Since my user data is stored in LDAP and the all the mailboxes are under
the same user, I don't think deliverquota is the right choice. I could
probably get maildrop to work, but I think I'm going to extend the
Postfix Maildir++ patch to properly write maildirsize files. I'm glad
to have a good example in the courier source.

Thanks for your help.

--
Joshua Warchol
UNIX Systems Administrator