On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 03:35:37PM +0100, Olivier Poitrey wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Authdaemon system don't seem to have any cache system. For authmethod that
 > need database access, I think that it's not really powerfull. What about
 > implementing a cache mechanism in authdaemon ?
 >
 > I'm sorry if it is already in the TODO list.

What about this unanswered request ?

I think many of us using some database (ie. MySQL or LDAP) would really
like to have authdaemond make use of the fact that he's persistant.

When it comes to tens or hundreds of queries per second, having some
caching would save us some serious load on the database server(s).

Another great benefit of a caching engine would be that DoS'ing the
database by hammering the services with authentification requests would
become a lot more difficult.

Regards,

        Stephane