Andrew Newton writes:

> Is there a way to setup Courier to do client authentication via a client's
> certificate?  I'm interested in this from both the SMTP/TLS and IMAP/SSL
> perspective.

Only partially.  There is a way to require Courier to require client
certificates signed by a trusted authority, but the client will still have
to cough up a userid and a password, to complete the process.

Actually, for ESMTP/TLS it's not that difficult to implement complete
certificate-based authntication (patches welcome, but I have no time to dig
in myself).  It's not that easy for IMAP/POP3/Webmail - pretty much every
authentication module needs to be hacked (in addition to IMAP/POP3/Webmail
specific code.

--
Sam