At 03:55 PM 2/5/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Dan Yost wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Seeing the debate over the 8-bit content with non-compliant headers, I
>>certainly don't want to jump in.  I'm just wondering if anyone has a
>>suggestion for how I might reproduce the problem.  I'm up and running
>>with Courier (and am liking it, by the way), and sure enough I did get
>>some of these "wrapped" messages, with one user unhappy so far.  I'm
>>currently building 0.37.2.20020131 (I have 0.37.2), and I just want to be
>>able to repeatedly send myself a non-compliant message so I can check the
>>behavior of Courier based on different settings for this BOFHBADMIME
>>option.  I have a Hotmail account (and have seen non-compliant messages
>>coming from there) but I can't seem to reproduce the invalid headers.  I
>>saw somebody mentioning Eudora 5.1 (which I use), but I don't get the
>>problem there either.  Does anyone have a quick way to do it, preferably
>>with something common out there, such as Hotmail's woes, for testing purposes?
>>
>>Maybe this is kind of like asking a group of surgeons if they'll show you
>>how to amputate the wrong foot, so at least you'll know how to recognize
>>the mistake next time.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dan

>Every message from hotmail, that includes that footer about the "World's
>best email" crap is the part that breaks the RFC.... so if you can get
>those clean, than you are doing good.

Beats me, then, because they're coming through fine.  I got one
non-compliant message on a mailing list earlier today, and I saw that the
guy sent it from Hotmail.  But with no changes to Courier my messages came
through fine.  I tried to send his original message (since Courier wrapped
it up into an attachment) to myself with Sendmail (command line) on another
box, but still no problem.  I'd just hate to have to wait until an end user
complains before I can tell anything, though I've found that's often a
convenient way to live.  Thanks, though!

Dan