Sébastien ROZIER writes:

> Hi,
> I'm using courier imap on a Linux Box and my client is outlook Express 6.0
>
> I created with OE a folder named "Éléments envoyés" (Sent items).
>
> On the Linux filesystem, in my Maildir directory, the name is .&AMk-l&AOk-ments
>envoy&AOk-s".
> It appears also like that in Evolution or in any linux MUA.
>
> Messages contents displays properly with OE or Linux MUAs.
>
> My win98 cp is 850, I'm using a French version and don't want to change it.
>
> How could I do to use this folder with its normal name and working special chars in
>Linux MUAs and FS ?

This is a rare instance of Outlook Express properly implementing RFC 2060,
namely section 5.1.3:

"5.1.3.  Mailbox International Naming Convention

  By convention, international mailbox names are specified using a
  modified version of the UTF-7 encoding described in [UTF-7].  The
  purpose of these modifications is to correct the following problems
  with UTF-7:

[ ... ]

The weird folder name created by OE is actually the special encoding used
for international characters in folder names.  Apparently Evolution does not
yet implement this encoding, so you see crap instead.

--
Sam