Title: The 25-th port is listened but doesnt seems alive

 Good day time!

 I have FreeBSD 4.4 and Courier (the latest snapshot).
 The problem is that couriertcpd is listening the 25-th port (it opens socket with correct adress and params) which is seen through netstat. When I try to connect to 25-th port by telnet everything seems fine (it doesn't refuses the connection) . But there is no reaction of esmtpd before 10 or 8 minutes! It seems that couriertcpd can not activate courieresmtpd but why? In the maillog i see something like "broken pipe"...

 I have no ideas, please your suggestions.
 Best wishes from Russia.
 Gragory A. Sitkarew