oliver bausinger wrote:

> And if I try to connect directly (openssl s_client -host localhost -port 465)
> I don't get any response for any command. It simply hangs.

Are you trying to tunnel SMTP inside SSL?  Or are you trying to use TLS
with the STARTTLS ESMTP extension?

If you are trying the latter, I don't know what is wrong (or why you are
on port 465, which is what many people use for SMTP via straight SSL).
If you are trying the former, I don't think Courier supports that out of
the box.  Several people have gotten it to work by playing with
configuration scrips (check the archives).  It is on my list of things
to try, just haven't had the time yet.

-andy