On 2002.02.19 15:37 M.B. wrote:
> I have spent three days posting help on the board and I realize that
> some of
> it is due to my lack of knowledge but I am still not any further
> along than
> before
>
> All the answers to my problems are just leading to more problems being
> found.

That's about par for the course, especially in systems administration.
No reason to give up the work.

> I am using PAM for simplicity and read a page where the author points
> out
> that Courier, PAM, and RH dont go together

I'm using authuserdb at the moment and have had no trouble with
authentication. For fun, I might try LDAP or MySQL, but I've got bigger
fish to fry right now.

> That said .... I would like to get rid of it and try something else
> for the
> moment like Postfix > CourierImap > Squirelmail

You might find that a more complex setup than using courier alone -
three packages to coordinate instead of one integrated package. To be
fair, I've seen some people use that combination, but I have to wonder
what the advantages are.

David M. Stowell
Ravenslake Consulting
Chicago, IL