-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Per conto di Roland
Schneider
Inviato: giovedì 21 febbraio 2002 15.17
A: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: Re: R: [courier-users] I: Mysql auth problem - can't login

--Webmaster www.sfondo.it wrote on 21.02.2002 14:24 +0100:

>>  MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD    clear

>Thats better for a start, and also allows CRAM-MD5/SHA.

>For crypted passwords with mySQL use ENCRYPT('abc') instead
>of just 'abc', phpMyAdmin could simplify things, or type
>`perl -e "print crypt('abc','$$');"` on the commandline
>or simply copy the known hashes from /etc/shadow (on Lunix).

Ok, for this, It's clear : )

>>> - user has no home and no maildir
>> Does is really maildir create by maildirmake ????

>You make the maildir, and then tell the daemon where to find.
>Set $HOME to the same directory work just fine if you dont use
>courier for delivery.

For delivery I use postfix ..

>>> - the uid/gid looks also very suspicious
>> Yes are not really ... I don't understand ... If user authentication are
>> provide by db, why uid/gid may be really defined ?? and where ??? in
>> /etc/passwd ???

>The daemon has to switch the uid/gid which owns the maildir
>and $HOME. And your mta (obviously not courier) has also to
>switch to the same uid when delivering local mail.

I understand now : ) I try to create correct maildir and $home

>> Yes, this insert is only for test, and is wrong, but before that I can't
see
>> connection in mysql-query-log from courier...
>Debugging of such problems is more complicated if someone
>installs from RPM, cant help with this.
>Re-editing all files a couple of hours sometimes helps :)

I can delete rpm and install tar.gz and retry .. isn't a problem for me ...

>Nope, you really want to read `man syslogd` first.

>But any decent system logs the facility mail.* already to
>/var/log/maillog so there are no changes necessary and the
>default will just work fine.

Ok , I'll read better man syslogd :O)

Yes, my linux box have that facility,

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                  /var/log/maillog

but file /var/log/maillog is empty

-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Feb 17 04:02 maillog

File /var/log/messagges contains that line:

Feb 21 14:19:18 cartman authdaemond.mysql: authdaemon: modules="authcustom
authcram authuserdb authldap authpgsql authmysql authpam", daemons=5
Feb 21 14:19:24 cartman authdaemond.mysql: authdaemon: modules="authmysql",
daemons=5

>Roland

>PS: no need for cc, i am subscribed...

ops ... sorry for cc