Brian Smith writes:

> pop3s is working w/ close to no noticeable errors; however IMAPs especially via
>sqwebmail over SSL is having troubles authing;

sqwebmail doesn't have anything to do with IMAP.

> Sam, is it sane for me to have sqwebmail authing against the same authdaemon socket
>that serves my imapds/pop3s services? Is that 'correct'?

Well, that's not how things would normally be set up right out of the box,
and although this'll work fine there really isn't much benefit in doing
that.

> Also, how can I go about getting better debug information out of authdaemon before I
>ask question on this list.

The authtest utility, found in the authlib subdirectory, can be used to send
arbitrary authentication requests to authdaemon, and read the responses.

--
Sam