bronto wrote:

> I've read the userdb info at
> http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/INSTALL.html#userdb, and indeed it
> does sound like it is what I want to do.  But it makes no mention of
> MySQL, which is what I'm am using to store my virtual user data.  I
> want to make sure I'm not going to screw something up by following
> the above directions.  So, will this work with MySQL?

According to the documentation, you should be able to use both
authuserdb and authmysql at the same time.  Perhaps ordering it so that
authuserdb is consulted first and it contains bogus imap passwords for
all disallowed users.  However, this seems like a terrible hack.

I wonder if there is something you can do to authmysql to store separate
pop/imap/smtp passwords like userdb or if you can just add a flag field
specifying that imap is disallowed.

-andy