>   I'm trying to compile courier-imap-1.5.1 for about 2 weeks, and I cant get it done
>!  When doing make (as non-root user), it complains about "/usr/include/stdlib.h:133:
>parse error before `__ctype_get_mb_cur_max'" and a lot of other stuff ...  (I'll
>append the output).
>
>   The problem happens on a LFS 3.2 (gcc 2.95.3, glibc 2.2.5, kernel 2.4.17).  The
>strangest part is that I compile without any problem on a LFS 3.0pre4 and on a RedHat
>7.3.  There is just on the production system that I cant get it to work.  The problem
>is probably on my side and has not much to do with courier-imap itself, but I am
>really lost and i dont know where I can still lok for help.  I hope somebody has a
>good idea ...

I've finally fixed it up !  I had to manually edit the Makefile in the
folder 'authlib' to remove '-I/usr/include' from the CFLAGS.  Somebody
told me (on the #LFS irc channel) that it comes from gcc having its own
"fixed up" includes, and that gcc doesnt get along with some versions of
glibc.  I havent had time nor competences to verify that ...

  So if anybody has the same problem, ...  the fix is afterall quite
easy !

  Thanks for that great piece of software !

        Guillaume