Hi,

I am setting up a mail server for a client, but I am having problems getting
the ip-based relay permissions to work. It is truly odd - I have an identical
test server as well as other servers set up in a similar way - however this
one refuses to work.

Even stripping smtpaccess/default down to a one-liner -
127.0.0.1<tab>allow,RELAYCLIENT<crlf> - and running makesmtpaccess, does not
permit relaying over the lo interface. Is there anything I might have
forgotten elsewhere in the config?

The server is running Suse 8.0, courier is 0.40.1 built from source with
authmysql support. Furthermore, I have checked that smtpaccess.dat gets
generated, that permissions are ok (I think, at least the file is readable
for the courier user) and that the esmtpd startup script finds smtpaccess.dat
and includes it in the run-line.

Any help/tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Jan