If courier is in the process of sending a message and you execute
"courier flush" will courier start sending that same message a second
time?  When you run "courier flush" does it "know" about existing
connections or does it just reread the queue from the disk and start
new connections?

Our internet connection went down this evening and when it came up
there was one message in the queue.  I typed "courier flush" to send
it out and then in the process of hitting the up arrow to get back to
a previous command, I "missed" and ran "courier flush" two more
times.  Then a little while later the recipient wrote me to ask me
why I sent them this message three times.  I checked the log and that
message did go out three times all within a few seconds of each
other.

Could issuing three "courier flush" commands one right after the other
(which is admittedly a really stupid thing to do regardless!) have
caused this?

Jeff Jansen