Speaking of which, is there any definitive list of which order field
have to be returned in when you use MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE? I ask as the
example and the list seem to differ.
username, cryptpw, clear, uid, gid, homedir, ?(maildir?), quota, ?(real name?)

This is the order that I'm using; the example and docs conflict. The above seems to work for me, sans USER env variable being set incorrectly (see my email yesterday; I think this is a courier bug. The USER env variable is defined at the local part of the address -- it gets combined with HOST by some qmail-based vacation programs, creating funny [EMAIL PROTECTED]@domain.com addresses. But I digress.)

cheers,
Jeff