Hello Bill,

  Reply is at the bottom

> Quite the opposite. Email addresses (or at least the user name component)
> must be case sensitive. However, many sites choose to allow common
> misspellings (i.e. those with different capitalisations) to find the right
> user...

> --
> Bill Michell
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I believe by default (or maybe it is an option) the username part
(part to the left of the @ sign) is not case sensitive within
sendmail.

IMHO, there should be no difference between Dave.Greene and
dave.greene within a particular domain, as that leads to way to much
confusion.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm not sure about the RFC compliance as
I have not checked.

I've actually never heard anyone desire otherwise.

- --
Best regards,
 Dave Greene                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]