On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:49:57PM -0800, Jeff Shevlen wrote:
> imapd: couriertls: accept: error:140890B2:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate returned
> imapd: couriertls: accept: error:1408F071:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:bad mac decode

Sorry, not seen the certificate error. I ran the default
mkimapcert/mkpop3cert scripts and it was OK out of the box for me; I then
subsequently replaced these with proper signed certificates and that was
fine too.

However I do vaguely remember stuff about bad mac's, which was a particular
combination of OpenSSL versions (my client was Netscape under an older
version like 0.9.6d, and it used to pop up a dialog box with that error).
Upgrading OpenSSL fixed the problem.

Regards,

Brian.