Have you tuned slowlaris to allow as many processes as you need per
user?  Have you tuned your network settings with ndd so you don't have
sockets sitting and waiting for days for a fin+ack that windows' ip
stack won't send?  Have you enabled noatime on your mail spool dir?

-Peter

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:06:52PM +0100, Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       Last saturday we migrate our email server from a Sun E250 (with 2 cpu)
> to a Sun E450 (with 2 cpu too). In the migration process, we also
> changed from qpopper to courier IMAP (migrating from mailbox format to
> maildir format in the mailboxes).
>
>       The problem we have now is that we have a lot of performance problems
> with the new configuration. We have about 4500 email accounts in the
> server.
>
>       In the more traffic hours, our users have a lot of timeouts messages,
> not connecting to the server. They tried, but they can't connect to the
> server.
>
>       We thought that the problem could be that we have a MAXDAEMON too short
> (200) and we have increase it up to 1000 concurrent daemons, but the
> problem still appears.
>
>       Any idea?
>
> --
> Angel L. Mateo Mart?nez
> Secci?n de Redes y Comunicaciones
> Area de Tecnolog?as de la Informaci?n       _o)
> y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)      / \\
> http://www.um.es/atica                    _(___V
> Tfo: 968367590
> Fax: 968363389

The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.
Or just re-use this one.

Plan 2: If you're going to apologize, don't do it.  If you're going to
do it, don't apologize