Peter Andersson writes:

I have read through som discussion and it seems to me as if they differ in compability with Courier.

I am trying to setup a webmail and IMAP-client solution and have run into some problems.

I have postfix and courier running fine with MySQL backend. I have configured Horde/IMP as webmail client, all well.

Now Outlook 2000 gives me lots of headache:

1. Is it possible to move a message between folders without message getting left in original folder? I know that moving is really a copy-and-delete, but surely Outlook could manage that in one command?

Outlook cannot manage that for the simple reason that there is no such command in the IMAP protocol.

2. Can I get sent mail saved in the sent-mail folder?

Yes, you can. That's your mail client's job.

3. Can I get deleted mail moved to the Trash folder?

Yes, you can. Either you can let your mail client do that, or there's a server setting to do exactly that.