The courier.spec file defines the apache root in terms of

%define apachedir %(if test -d /var/www ; then echo /var/www
; else echo /home/httpd ; fi)

What this means is that if apache isn't installed when you
compile the rpms, then the courier.spec defaults to using
the older (pre RH 7.0) /home/httpd apache directory.

Perhaps it would be better to reverse that since there is
little chance of anyone compiling courier on a RH 6.2
machine these days.  Then the rpms wouldn't need to be
recompiled if someone installed apache later in order to
run webmail or webadmin.

So the define statement would be:

%define apachedir %(if test -d /home/httpd ; then echo
/home/httpd ; else echo /var/www ; fi)

(Someone just wrote me about this issue this morning.  They
compiled courier without apache installed, then installed
apache, but then couldn't install webmail because rpm can't
find "/home/httpd".  I told them to recompile the rpms
which in this case wasn't a problem since they just
compiled them last night.)

This change assumes that you can create the rpms, THEN
install apache, then install the rpms for webmail and/or
webadmin and they will work.  If apache needs to be
installed for the rpms to build properly in the first place
then this is all moot - you will have to recompile anyway.

(I tried compiling on a machine without apache installed and
the rpms all compiled with no problem.  But this doesn't
mean that they will work. :-)

Jeff Jansen