Unfortunately my institution just got spammed with objectionable material.
Naturally, the administration wants me to delete as much of it as remains in
the Maildirs. When I was just running qmail, this was easily done with a
find . | xargs grep xxx > somefile, and then deleting the files listed in
somefile.

My question is, now that I have added courier-imap (and pop) and sqwebmail,
will deleting the offending mail this way mess things up for the users? That
is, are there indexes that need to be updated as well? I notice a file called
sqwebmail-curcnt whose numbers may have to be modified, for instance.

My second question follows naturally if so. Would anyone have a script that
does this and be willing to share it? For the record, I am running RedHat
Linux 7.3, qmail, courier-imap, and sqwebmail, current as of the end of
January.

Thanks for your help, especially as they want it done quickly.

Philip Tejera
Baruch Computing & Technology Center