Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with my courier-imap features.

In fact the load of my server is growing a lot without any reason: there is no process that really have a high cpu load when i do a "top". So it's seems that the load is used by the kernel.
On the client, at the same time ( i.e randomly about once or twice a day ), there is a time out when trying to access the mails using IMAP.

My config is:
* courier-imap 1.7.0
* vpopmail 5.2.1
* q-mail 1.03
* qcontrold 1.7
* maildrop 1.5.2
* A storage on NAS using nfs

There is something weird at /var/log/messages when the pb occurs:

Jun  8 04:26:33 anarki kernel: nfs: server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not responding, still trying
Jun  8 04:26:35 anarki kernel: nfs: server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OK

And last but not least, it seems that a privileged user has a very big MailBox ( almost 4giga) and the problem occurs almost at the time when he makes a search in his mailbox.

So, do you guys have an idea about what's happen ?
Is it linked to this huge mailbox ? Is there a solution, a test or something else in order to be sure that this is the cause of the failure ?
Is there a way to accelerate the searches ?

Thks a lot

Jef