Lars, thanks again for replying.I've got yourself and James now trying
to help me.

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:02, Lars Holmström wrote:
> The logfile says : "Mother imapd-ssl: chdir Maildir: No such file or
> directory"
>
> So it looks like yu do not have a propoer Maildir in your $HOME directory.
>
> You need to fix this first.

I did the following since mail folder is in the maildir format
cp ~/Mail/ ~/maildir/ -R

> Does the logfile extract really contain all lines ? I usually also got some
> entries for the password.

Yes

> You need to match the password against your user.

I thought this was done by the authentication module that it uses, ie,
pam, shadow or etc. Everything with the exception of Courier that
requires a password to this box works perfectly.

> I would also suggest you create a new user and then run maildirmake for this
> user. If this works your failing account is probably not correct configured.

I'll try this shortly... if James' suggestions fail.