Rodrigo Severo writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Rodrigo Severo writes:

James Baker believes the problem is that Courier keeps some kind of map of the message (MIME parts, headers, etc) in memory and so any rewrite might break this map.

Mr. Sam, could you please enlighten us?

This is correct. The message is parsed as it's being received. Changing the message's contents invalidates the parsed data.

Is there some part of this data that isn't written in either the main message file or in the control file(s)?

It's all in memory.

I am asking this because if the answer is no, it probably won't be hard to recreate such data from the rewritten files. What do you think Mr. Sam?

It's trivial to reparse the message.

There would certainly be a performance penalty for such a feature but

... and that's why it's not reparsed.

BTW, there are a few lines in the control file that I don't understand. I'm talking about the e, t, R and N lines. What are they? Mine are empty.

e - DSN envelope ID, if set. t - requested DSN foramt, if set. R - delivery attempt response text. N - requested DSNs.