From: Mirko Zeibig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I am running spamc from /etc/courier/maildroprc, having only
> virtual accounts underneath /home/vmail/domain.com/username. Right
> now I only have one pref-file for spamassassin in
> /home/vmail/.spamassassin/user_prefs, but I'd like to have this on
> a per-virtual-user base.
>
> I see I could invoke "spamc -u $USER" in maildroprc, however
> "spamd" uses a programm called vuserinfo to get the homedir
> information.  Has anybody a better solution than to patch "spamd",
> maybe using $HOME directly, which is set to the right directory
> already?

I have almost this exact configuration running on my server.  The
setup is a bit strange, but it works fine.

/etc/courier/maildroprc:
  import RECIPIENT
  LCRECIPIENT=tolower($RECIPIENT)
  xfilter "/usr/local/bin/spamc -u $LCRECIPIENT"

You have to lowercase the recipient address so that "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
and "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" are treated the same.

Spamd is started like this:
  /usr/local/bin/spamd -d -r /var/run/spamd.pid -u mailuser -x
--virtual-config-dir='/home/vmail/%d/%l/spamassassin'
(Your mail client will probably fold it, but this is all one line)

Spamd parses the email address passed to spamc.  The "%d" is the
domain part and "%l" is the local part.  You can leave off the
"spamassassin" part of the config dir if you want, but this puts the
"user_prefs" file in the home directory and I prefer to group all the
spamassassin stuff together.

The pref-file is in:
  /home/vmail/domain.com/username/spamassassin/user_prefs

The bayes filtering files are stored in:
  /home/vmail/domain.com/username/spamassassin/.spamassassin

I hope this helps.

Bowie