Systems Administrator writes:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Systems Administrator wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Ivan Pintori writes:
>
> > some heavy tweaking? What I mean is: is maildroprc called between receipt
> > and subsequent delivery via SMTP?
>
> No. maildrop is used for local delivery only.

        Is there something that can filter passthrough mail?  I'd like to
be able to stop my users from sending spam :).

Or, to rephrase my question in easier terms, if I put "esmtp" in the "enablefiltering" file, does this filter everything (including outgoing), or just messages which are recognised as destined for local user (like the localmailfilter man page says).

Putting 'esmtp' in 'enablefiltering' filters everything received via ESMTP through the global mail filtering modules.

... which has nothing to do with maildroprc. It's a completely different, and separate, API.