Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Jerry Amundson writes:

How does Courier determine which Content-Transfer-Encoding when sending to a server which does not advertise 8BITMIME?

It always uses quoted printable.

I send two PDF files to the same server.
With the file encoded "quoted-printable", Adobe Reader opens it with "Wrong operand type", and most of the data does not display.

--=_arsenic-26194-1056570429-0001-2

Something else is broken here. If the original message contained 8-bit content, it is illegal for that to have quoted-printable transfer encoding.

I suspect that something horribly broken is generating 8-bit crap; marks it as 7-bit quoted printable; Courier sees that the MIME section contains 8-bit data, and converts 8-bit crap to quoted-printable crap. The final result is the same crap.

I can guess the answer to this, but did anything change from Courier 0.40.1 that would affect this? I'm told by the accounting folks that these attachments have worked flawlessly "for years"...

jerry