This isn't strictly Courier-related, so I'll keep it brief:

I'm using Courier 0.42.2 and am trying to use SpamAssassin 2.60 with it,
keeping user prefs in a MySQL 4.0.14 database.

Because I'm using virtual users with Courier, I can't find any code to
do what I want to do that groks doing authentication against the Courier
userdb (unlike, say, IMP/Horde, which works perfectly with Courier and
a virtual userdb).  The only code I can find on the SpamAssassin site
to interface to the MySQL stuff assumes you're going to authenticate
against the "passwd" file (it wants to talk to "pwauth" on the Web
server end - something taken from an Apache module, I gather).

If anyone's done this successfully somehow, please contact me privately.

We love the virtual domain/user concept in Courier, but need to provide
a way for people to be able to manipulate their SpamAssassin preferences
and settings somehow, without being able to log on (since they can't).

Thanks,

        - Greg