I've been setting up aliases mapped to /dev/null for a while now - entering

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: /dev/null

in the /etc/courier/aliases/system file.

I didn't realize that this actually delivers a 550 user unknown. error?  I
thought that routing mail to /dev/null would just silently delete the message.

Is there a correct way to do this?  I've tried the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: :include:/dev/null

and

[EMAIL PROTECTED]: | /dev/null

It seems that none of these actually deliver the desired results... Has anyone
encountered this?

Thanks,