Hello,

I've had courier working well for a while, but all of a sudden any
connection to it takes a long time to be established, in the order of a
few minutes. This happens even when connecting to localhost or the
server's internal IP, for example:

telnet localhost 25

telnet 192.168.1.246 25

And connections from the outside also experience this problem.

In debugging the problem, I verified dns lookups, including reverse
lookups, and they seem to work fine.

Since this delay happens with localhost, firewall problems were ruled out.

I have a list of RBL hosts that get checked, so I decided to disable
the RBL checking to see what happens...

And that turned out to be the problem. :-(

When I disable the RBL checks, the timeout problem goes away.

I'd still like to be able to do RBL checking, however... Is there any way
to get around this problem?

My RBL list was setup as follows:

BLACKLISTS='-block=relays.osirusoft.com,BLOCK
-block=relays.ordb.org,BLOCK -block=blackholes.intersil.net,BLOCK
-block=spamguard.leadmon.net,BLOCK'

Thanks for any help!

Ricardo