> > And the worst thing is that most of them should be
> > delivered.
> > Please help... The other mail server that I have has
> > more than 20K messages!
>
> There is no point bouncing spam to forged or innocent
> senders. Stop bouncing the crap (and effectively double
> the spam-load), and your queue will be just fine.
>
> Roland

You have a very good point... but at what point can we
determine that a bounce is spam or not? How do you
distinguish between a "legitimate" bounce and one due to
spam?

I'm having major troubles with spammers as well, and my
queue is almost 10,000 long.

I've programmed a perlfilter that detects floods (either due
to sender, ip, or recipient) and blocks those (generates 550
errors once the flood is detected) and with that I can see
the tremendous amount of spam that is hitting my box.

However, there is still a huge amount of bounces that are
generated and are stuck in the queue. I can see, by manually
diagnosing, that so much of that is bounces to "forged or
innocent senders", but I don't know of a way to effectively
determine whether a bounce is legitimate or not.

Ricardo