Gordon Messmer wrote:

Jon Nelson wrote:

I hope you are kidding. tcl? who uses that anymore? If not, then why not shared language support for any of Python (best), Perl (icky ;-), shell and others. Oh, wait, I've got it! Why not make maildrop take on all of the properties of all languages!

I'm with Sam - I hate bloat.  If he wants to write shared module support
for it, then that's fine.

One school of thought will conclude that maildrop would become bloated if it included one of those very large languages. Another would, however, conclude that maildrop is bloat because it does not take advantage of what already exists, introducing new and unique code into the system, and requiring new and unique skills of its users.

Just the devil's advocate in me. I'm of the former school.

Many useful, fail-safe maildrop recipes are bloated with expensive forks for file test operations, but who cares! maildrop itself is not ...

should we go back to writing machine code? anything else is starting to seem bloatware ...

File check operations are very useful and I fail to see the excessive complexity added to the language parser/global code to support them.

If this features were added under an optional build flag, I'd bet that almost everyone would enable it on installation.

my 2 cents.

------------------------------------------------------- This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. http://thinkgeek.com/sf _______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users