Hi,

I have to set local mail fitering rules for several users and I have
thought it to be a simple job with maildrop. What I did is:

1. in /etc/courier/courierd I have set
DEFAULTDELIVERY="| /usr/local/courier/bin/maildrop"

where
MAILDROPDEFAULT=./Maildir

/etc/courier/maildrop consists of:
/usr/local/courier/bin/maildrop

2. in test user's home I have created .mailfilter file with 0600
permission consisting of:
VERBOSE=9
logfile "filter.log"
log "mailfilter started"

if (/^From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/)
{
    cc "!root"
}

All mail users are virtual users stored in mysql database.

Now if I understand it correctly, this test mailfilter should write to
$HOME/filter.log message "mailfilter started" and if the sender is
[EMAIL PROTECTED], then also send a copy of this mail to root.

However, it looks as if courier ignores this file - nothing is logged,
no mail comes to root and no error is logged. Actually /var/log/mail.log
states successfull delivery.

How can I check if the mail is really delivered via maildrop and what
files it tries to parse? I have even tried to install global filter (in
/etc/courier/maildroprc) - without success as well.:(

Could anyone help me, plz?

David.

System: Debian Woody
Courier: 0.40.1 (complete suite)