I am continually encountring DSN messages from sbc-webhosting mailservers
(the phone company... big provider) that are invalid. On the line
following the headers they contain tab characters, where this line MUST be
blank.

These messages cause Outlook (and only Outlook) to fail when reading the
messages via POP. Outlook generates a meaningless error for the user and
the clients is listed as DICONNECTED in the log.

SInce these messages come any time anyone sends something to a full
mailbox hosted by sbc-webhosting I get them pretty frequently. Then the
users are effectively locked out of their mailbox (unless they use another
mail client, but that battle seems to be fruitless) until I manually
either remove the tabs from tat line, or delete the mesaage.

I was thinking about running a PERL script from cron that would clean
these messages up periodically. So that the problem would clear itself
with not intervention from me.

Are there any problems with having external programs edit messages in a
user's Maildir? Is there a better way to do this?

I have notified sbc-webhosting on more than one occasion. They give no
response, and their servers remain bug-laden... Nice customer service...

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?