Hi all,

One of my web hosting clients has a CGI which dispatches mail by invoking
sendmail.  It appears that half the time this is failing silently, simply
dumping the above message into the server error log, with no mail being sent.

Oddly, the occurence is random and periodic.  On each of several
occasions lately following a complaint from my client, I have dutifully
submitted the CGI, hoping it would fail, and it works fine.

A google search reveals that people have reported similar sounding issues
in the past, but there was no explanation nor solution.

Does anybody have a clue what may be going on here?

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services