Hi,

I'm having this major problem with courier which I haven't
figured out exactly what the problem is. My mailq is backed
up immensely, I actually have been running mailq for almost
24 hours straight now, and it is still spilling out stuff
from the queue, I can't imagine how many messages are in
there! :-(

However, as courier is going through the queue, certainly
there are new messages arriving.

I don't know why mail is backed up so much, seems ridiculous
to me. I had a perlfilter enabled which I disabled just in
case that was causing some trouble. But anyway my problem is
that I want to flush out this queue, but it never seems to
go down.

I do know that mail is definitely going out... I check the
maillog and I see many messages being delivered by
courieresmtp. However, the number is relatively small. The
number of incoming messages greatly exceeds the number of
outgoing.

Here's an example:
# grep success /var/log/maillog.1|grep -c courierlocal
992
# grep success /var/log/maillog.1|grep  courieresmtp|grep -c
delivered
401

That is for a 1 hour period, which means the message traffic
is quite small! I don't understand how my mailq can be
backed up so tremendously.

How can I tune courier so it can deliver messages more
quickly? I mean, it is only delivering messages to the
outside at a rate of at most 500 or so per hour, that seems
way too slow! :-(

Is there something I can look at to help improve this?

PLEASE HELP! :-)

Ricardo