Julian, you're misusing the term or art "security through obscurity".

>  As I told you, the only top secure method would
> be to check for cryptographic signatures on the to-be-posted
> messages.  (And even that, by definition, is "security through
> obscurity".)

Nope.  The difference is illustrated by considering how difficult it would be to
defeat the two approaches and introduce a unauthorized message.  With the fist
technique, all you need to know is the address on the envelope.  With the second, you
need information that may not be stored anywhere but in the sender's head.

Malc.